How Expectations Can Lead To Sadness


“Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” ~Alexander Pope

I was sitting on the ground, near river. While I was staring the sky all my expectations came flashing to my mind.

“No, this is not what my life was supposed to be. I was supposed to be successful. I was supposed to have a car. I was supposed to be happy. What happened?”

Well,
My entire life I expected to be the exception. I assumed that if I worked hard enough, I would succeed; if I did well in university, I would succeed; if I poured my heart and soul into something, I would succeed; my dreams could come true.

I had become a slave to my expectations, and they were ruining my life.

My own expectations were robbing my happiness.

The truth of the matter is that there are few people out there who are lucky enough to be living their dreams.

May be many of you are feeling same, but honestly don't expect anything from life.
Be happy without expecting from anyone.

Expectation always leads to sadness even if you are expecting from humans.

I found, The best and easiest way to be happy is to work toward our goals but never expect for them to become a reality. It’s a paradox. It’s the duality of existence.

We need a goal and a dream to keep us motivated, but at the same time we need to not expect anything from life. 

Always remember, expectations are going to kick your ass so hard but the main thing is you will always go forward, which is important for our goal.



Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.


Did you enjoy this post? Please share the wisdom :)















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7 interesting facts about Dehradun

Why I Now Complain Less.

Why India is still a Developing Nation